Demand documents through the Freedom of Information Act or Privacy Act
Avoid Delays! Create Your FOIA Demand Online
Through the nationwide COVID-19 reaction, our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail may be significantly paid down.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your very own immigration record,
- Another person’s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance policies, information, or communications.
We will publish our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Get the response faster, keep our workforce safe, and lower the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on line.
Records You’ll Request from USCIS
Beneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another person’s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for example USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Receive Your Records as Efficiently as you can
- Go to the USCIS Electronic browsing area to verify we now have perhaps perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you may need.
- Make your demand with all the right agency by reviewing the sections below. We would not have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you may need, once we can get back exact needs faster.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Ensure you get your demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified as soon as we plan your demand.
On the web records are really easy to:
- Access from a phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to a different individual; and
- Down load and printing.
Current average FOIA request processing times
The status of one’s FOIA documents request
Go to the Check Request reputation web web web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be a lot more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents on the part of a known person in Congress
Immigration records by practices except that our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail shall postpone our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to get documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
If you wish to request documents by mail, you need to:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which has your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature this is certainly notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these techniques will need which you:
Available records under part 508 regarding the Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- An unknown number where you could be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We shall contact one to help.
The more accurate you will be making your demand, the greater amount of effectively we are able to get back the documents you will need.
You should check the status of a FOIA that is existing in the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web web page.
Certain papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, therefore it is very likely to go quickly.
Involved request, therefore our review will probably have a significant period of time.
In the event that you request “the application and all sorts of supporting documents,” our review will demand more hours than a ask for a certain document.
An A-File as quickly as possible, as you have actually a planned hearing by having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, you must add a duplicate of 1 associated with the after kinds, given because of the Department of Homeland protection or Department of Justice, along with your demand:
Should you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please go to the site regarding the workplace of Government Suggestions Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and agencies that are federal.
USCIS won’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to create your demand to your right agency.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa needs from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
For those who have questions regarding your pending FOIA/PA demand, you could:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions towards the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center can only just respond to questions about FOIA/PA demands. We can’t assistance with pending applications, petitions, or just about any other kind of immigration matter.